Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Image of a Barefoot Child beckoned, "Follow me"

And so Barefoot Books began. We wanted bright, colorful books with wonderful art and captivating stories we could share as a family. We wanted rhyming rhymes, sing-along songs, and dance-along dances. We wanted tales that celebrated exotic places, magical creatures, and the wisdom of other traditions.  Most of all, we wanted beautiful books that would capture the imagination, spark curiosity, inspire creativity, and instill a respect for the diversity of the planet and for the earth itself.
There was also something about the way everyone, especially children, responded to books that were sophisticated, yet engaging, wise, yet fun. Soon we were a grassroots movement of parents and grandparents, friends and teachers, booksellers and librarians, authors and artists, and most of all children – who loved our stories, shared our values, and wanted to be part of our world-wide community.

Today, Barefoot Books is an independent publisher, with offices in Cambridge, MA, USA and Bath, England. We specialize in carefully crafted children’s books, CDs, games, puppets, puzzles, and gifts that celebrate enduring values and inspire creativity.

Barefoot Books are sold online, at our flagship stores in Cambridge, MA and in FAO Schwarz Manhattan, and through a global network of partners from Shanghai to San Francisco. We also provide ways for adults who love our books to become Barefoot Books Ambassadors, who can earn money, fundraise, and make a difference in children’s lives by marketing and selling Barefoot in their communities.



5 comments:

  1. Hello Nancy. I have a doubt. Do you guys provide any career with you. I have nearly two years of experience as librarian. I am living in US. Waiting for your reply. Do you need more details?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your site. "Barefoot Books" - A good name. Is there any idea behind choosing this name? If so can you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I ordered one book from your store. But I didn't get it till now. I ordered it three weeks back. Is there any problem? I need it very urgently. All the payments are made via your pay channel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been confronted on several occasions as to how to get a child to read when they have little or no interest in picking up a book. But when I bought a book from your store from my kid on his Birthday, he was so happy and kissed me a lot. He told me that "Pappa, I love you a lot". This made the happiest moment in my life. Thanks to Barefoot Books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice.It is not very difficult to find websites that sell textbooks. Your site is one among them. Lot of my friends recommended your site and told me about your service. I visited your home site and ordered an ebook? I hope I will get it on right time.

    ReplyDelete