Thursday, March 25, 2010

Motherbridge of Love

With lyrical language, an optimistic message and breathtaking illustrations, this touching and intimate poem celebrates the special bond between adoptive children and their mothers.
  • Created in partnership with Xinran, acclaimed broadcaster, columnist and author of The Good Women of China, Sky Burial and Miss Chopsticks
  • Xinran’s London-based charity, Mother Bridge of Love (MBL) puts Western adoptive parents in touch with their children’s cultural heritage
  • Xinran became nationally famous as the voice behind China’s explosive radio program, ‘Words on the Night Breeze’ which gave women the chance to share their stories for the first time
  • Over 100,000 orphans have been adopted by families in 27 countries in the West since the 1980’s
  • Interest in China and cross-cultural exchanges between China and the West are rising to levels never seen before
Cherish the special bond between parent and child with this beautiful, anonymously written poem. Through the exchanges between a little girl and her adoptive parent, this poignant selection celebrates love and family.

Text royalties from this book are donated to Mother Bridge of Love, a charity that reaches out to Chinese children all over the world in order to develop a connection between China and the West, and between adoptive culture and birth culture. Xinran, the acclaimed Chinese author, broadcaster and journalist, is the founder of Mother Bridge of Love.

Click on the following link to purchase book: The Animal Boogie Children's Book

9 comments:

  1. Hi. Books that give importance to parents are my favorite. I like my Mom very much. My father died long years back. I am now working as a Teacher in a primary schools. I like this profession very much. Whenever I hear stuffs like this on internet, I share this with my students and tell me to read that. Thank you Nancy for your kind action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's nice. I like reading mind touching books like this. I need to buy one. What is the price ? It will be fine if you post the price of each book in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in tears by the second page. And the illustrations are Beautiful!! This book is a must for any adoptive parent. I recommend this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean. Having been adopted myself. This book very much resonates with me.Thank for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jeffry. You can visit: http://theanimalboogiechildrenssongbook.co.uk/

    There you can see all the books and all their prices.

    Do not forget to join the mailing list on this blog, where you can access lots of stuff for free.

    Keep me posted if you need anymore assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you Avis,

    I know what you mean. Hence the creation for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Motherbridge of Love is a masterfully illustrated and touchingly a tribute to both birth and adoptive mothers. I recommend this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The illustrations are truly lovely in this book. The poem is touching. I would recommend this to anyone who is adopting internationally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well the comments here shows that I too would buy this book. I am an adopted child. So I think this ebook suits for me better. Going to place my order now.

    ReplyDelete